Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A Family Newcomer

Can't write another post without writing THIS one:

My niece, Alisha, whom I have adored my whole life and have actually claimed as my own kid (my sister merely having given birth to her) will be welcoming her own baby to the world! Yep, another generation of crazy cajuns will be making it's way into the world....

So the newcomer is a baby girl, and it looks like we've settled on the name Addisyn Paige (though the spelling may change). We all are sooooo excited to meet her!!!! My sister has gone nuts, buying stuff for her first grandbaby, and we all simply cannot wait for the big day to get here.

I'm so proud of Alisha, for so many reasons: she finished college and is now a nurse, making tons of money and working at a great place. She will always be able to take care of herself and her growing family, if it ever came to that.... luckily she's married to a great guy who has a great job with lots of future opportunities so all is well on that front.... but she heard what we said all of those years, finished her education before having babies, and in case life ever throws her a curveball, she'll be able to take care of herself and her kiddies. It's all I've ever wanted for her!!! I am SO Freaking Proud of her.

She's a happy mommy, not one of those sniveling, whining "oh my god I'm pregnant" types of moms. No depression and no martyrdom, just happy to be having a baby and hopes to have many more!!!

Did I say I'm SO FREAKING PROUD of her??? :)

Can't wait to meet you, Addy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment