Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Vacation Blog

Well, maybe I'll just rename this my "vacation blog" since I only seem to manage to post every few months now, about the trips we've taken or the things we've recently done. :)

After the walk in September, we took a short trip down to Louisiana for two reasons: to hang out in the French Quarter with my sister and brother-in-law, and my niece and nephew-in-law, and to go to an LSU football game. We had a fantastic trip!!! One of the best, ever. It included many, many wonderful cajun meals down in the Quarter (including 4th and 5th meals - hehe!!), many, many good drinks, a ghost tour, some creepy cemetery tours, a fun drive over to Baton Rouge and then of course, the grand finale which was a football game at Death Valley. We love spending time with our family and plan to do it more often!

This is a group pic of us having breakfast at the world famous Brennan's:


And of course, Bananas Foster for breakfast:


Can't go to La. without having Beignets:



Birds of a Feather:


We went into the bathroom at this one place, and supposedly it was not only a haunted bathroom, but also the SMALLEST bathroom IN THE WORLD!!!! We couldn't stop giggling when we were in there! So a self-group photo was necessary.


When we were younger, we shared toys. When we got older, we shared drinks. When we got much older, we shared reading glasses. This is a pic of Steve and Kenny sharing reading glasses so they could read the menu at one of our most favorite restaurants in the entire world:



Standing in front of Tiger Stadium, AKA Death Valley, at my alma mater, LSU:

Sis and I making art, in the style of Picasso:




We also got to spend a few hours with my brother and his kids, which also included my mom. It's just too danged hard to get little kids in the car and travel, so they weren't able to hang with us in New Orleans or Baton Rouge, but got to spend a few hours with us and go to a nice lunch at Joe's Crab Shack. (a safe place for the kiddos) Spending time with two little kids, no matter how cute they are, reaffirms my GREAT decision NOT to have any. I love 'em, but I don't have the desire to own any. Dogs are just fine with me. :) That said, those little ones are cute as bugs, full of attitude and personality - and I fully expect them to give my brother hell as they grow up. :)

I have to include this pic because we all laughed so hard when we took it - Alisha was convinced Steve looked like Harry from Harry and the Hendersons, so of course it warrants a place on this blog:



Anyway, we also recently returned from our annual pilgrimage to Laguna Beach. Been spending a week there yearly since 2004, and absolutely love it. It's a laid back kind of vacation, and boy is that what we did! It was fun and a much needed rest. We try to go every year for the week right after Thanksgiving - we celebrate our holiday wedding anniversary and just take some down time.

We celebrated our second anniversary this year. My how time flies!!! :) I do have pics for that trip, too, but will post a separate blog for those. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment