Saturday, December 31, 2011

Breaking Habits

I am an extreme Coke drinker.  I didn't drink 10 in a day or anything like that, but I definitely had to have at least ONE every day. 

I gave them up on Nov. 23rd.  Ugh.  I haven't had any form of soda since, not even diet drinks.  It hasn't been easy, I will admit!!  But it's becoming more of a mental game for me, as in...  I'm craving a coke?  Well take THAT you evil craving, I am NOT giving in!

So then I decided that I would try to break my Facebook habit as well.  I started to notice that I was on it all of the time, as in I'd check it with my morning coffee, then get to work and check it on my phone, then keep checking it throughout the day on my computer at work.  I'd check it while watching a movie, peek at it while talking to my husband, etc etc.  It was just too much.

So I quit, cold turkey.  Deactivated my account.  And now it's been 36 hours without FB.  It's kinda weird, and I do miss certain groups with whom I participated, but it's also kind of like that challenge...  the more I want to log in, the more I resist it because I am NOT going to let this evil habit win!!!

It's also given me a chance to really realize how much time I've burned up with FB.  I've found some time in the last 24 hours to actually write again - something I love to do and something I quit doing because, well, I was spending more time on FB.  

I find facebook to be super cool and useful, but it's also a bit like high school.  Sometimes it down right made me feel bad about myself!  So this is a good thing.

I'll log back on soon, but I'm gonna take the app off my phone and if I go back to the old habit, I'll deactivate it again.  I can stay in touch with people without having to be logged in 24 hours a day, for pete's sake.

Sometimes you just gotta master the habits in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment