Sunday, April 24, 2011

Other Stuff

OK so let's see.... other things we've done recently...

Business is still up and down but we are surviving the recession so far. The biggest lesson I've learned from all of this is 1.) NEVER trust a bank. Always watch your back when it comes to them. I'm watching my great country go into a major decline because of the banks and because of the corruption in our government, and it's a terribly helpless feeling. I keep thinking about all of my history lessons and it's like I can actually see the decline and the return to the surfdom mentality in our nation. The rich keep getting richer and the poor keep getting poorer, and our illustrious middle class is starting to go away. It's historical and it's happened repeatedly throughout the generations but to be on this end of it is just heartbreaking.

But, we are still trying to live and enjoy life to the best of our ability.

Last August we spent a week camping in Northern CA (headed for a Reggae festival that didn't happen) with my good friends followed by a few days in San Francisco. We had a GREAT time!!! On our way up to Reggae, we always stop in Ukiah, CA at this brewery for lunch and good, organic beer.



We did our annual trip to Laguna Beach last November and it was as wonderful as always.



We somehow made it home to TX twice this spring - once for Scooby's baby shower and then for the birth of the baby. Good times!!! But most importantly - the ability to be with my family for the good stuff is just such a huge part of my life and I'm soooo glad I got to be there for it!

Next month we'll be headed to Dallas, TX for my Aramco Brat reunion. Happens every two years and yeah, it's always a helluva party. This year will be super special because my family will be driving up to meet us so I'll get to spend a few days with Addybug!!!! YEAH!!! Some baby luv time. :)

In August of this year we'll be headed to Belize. Actually, to a small island off the coast of Belize, called Turneffe Island. We'll be SCUBA diving for a whole week, with nothing else to do but relax and have fun. No phones, no t.v., no internet.... we'll be forced to slow down a bit. :)

And then it all starts over again in November when we head to Laguna Beach again... :)

Circle of VACATION life. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment